Doctrinal Distinctives of Baptist Bible College
The following distinctives clarify the historic position of Baptist Bible College (given the current nuances of theological thought). It is expected that the faculty will uphold both the doctrinal statement and these distinctives, as well as follow the approved Bible text.
- We are historic fundamentalists rather than neo-evangelical.
- We are separatists rather than ecumenical.
- We hold that revelatory and sign gifts have ceased (e.g. apostleship, tongues and the interpreting of tongues).
- We hold that Christ died for everyone and this atonement is unlimited.
- We hold to classic dispensationalism as opposed to progressive dispensationalism.
- We hold to a literal, premillennial return to and reign of Christ on the earth and a pretribulational rapture as opposed to posttribulationism or midtribulationism in our eschatology.
- We are committed to the concept of a literal hell rather than the conditional, metaphorical or purgatorial view of hell.
- We hold to exclusivism (for someone to be saved, he/she must be exposed to the gospel) rather than inclusivism or pluralism. (Inclusivism holds that one can be saved without hearing the gospel. Pluralism holds that Jesus is one of many saviors.)
- We are committed to a literal-grammatical-historical hermeneutic rather than a reader response hermeneutic.